1995 turbo sl2 help!!

I'm in ur Honda, swappin' ur motorz
wolflovervr6

1995 turbo sl2 help!!

Postby wolflovervr6 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Well, after months of banging my head into the hood trying to make this thing work, I have decided to post here in hopes of some much needed help. After lots of hours, Saturn Joe and myself have gotten to the point of starting up my turdbo. Sadly, neither one of us have any idea what we are doing when it comes to wiring, and tuning an MS2 standalone. From what I have been able to gather from the different websites, and wiring diagrams, I have it wired ( as far as I can tell) correctly.
Next comes the tuning. If at all possible, I would like someone to maybe come check the car out that might know a thing or 2 about the ms2 system, so we can start to figure out how this works. I have watched hours of videos, and traced all my wires and still cant wrap my head around what is going on. The car is currently located in Casco at Blanes Auto, but will be relocated to my house in Harrison shortly.

Look forward to any advise or whatnot that can be of use.

Thanks, levi
Levi # 228
1995 Saturn SL2. It's gold and goes vrooom. Turdbo
1996 Saturn SC2 Saturn Joe special
1995 Saturn SW2. Auto. 18" speaker. Happy :D

eg8tuner

Re: 1995 turbo sl2 help!!

Postby eg8tuner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:41 pm

have joe send me a msg this weekend i ment to come up and help you a few weeks back but got tied up and completely forgot.
1996 Turbo Otter
#14 in honor of Eric
"Driving the Sonett is to driving my car as underwater tig welding on flammable gas tanks is to super gluing Popsicle sticks."~Richard
best thing I've ever heard/read

wolflovervr6

Postby wolflovervr6 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Will do! I will be at the shop my self tomorrow around 10ish and working on the car all day. Sadly, I work sundays now so I dont be able to be there sunday.
Levi # 228

wolflovervr6

Postby wolflovervr6 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:03 pm

I response to what you relayed to joe, I tried to adjust the fuel trim table, but when I go to select it from the menu, it wont let me. I can only adjust the ve table 1 and the afr table 1. It wont let me click on anything below that. Do I have a setting set wrong? my feeble mind cant comprehend how this software works :(
Levi # 228

eg8tuner

Postby eg8tuner » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:15 am

im not sure if its a limitation of the MS2 or your version of the tunning software. I will have to check with Corey about the MS2. it looks like i can try to get up your waya again this weekend. if you guys can get the car to my house during the week i can also take a crack at it there.
1996 Turbo Otter
#14 in honor of Eric
"Driving the Sonett is to driving my car as underwater tig welding on flammable gas tanks is to super gluing Popsicle sticks."~Richard

eg8tuner

Postby eg8tuner » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:24 am

On the 'Settings/Injector Control' page:

•Required Fuel – (ReqFuel) this is top field of the Constants window. It has a calculation dialog to help you find an appropriate value. It should contain the injector pulse width, in milliseconds, required to supply the fuel for a single injection event at stoichiometric combustion and 100% volumetric efficiency.
In order to come up with this value, TunerStudioMS provides a calculator that will suffice for 99% of applications (those for which it will not work generally require changes to the MegaSquirt® controller code itself, and that is beyond the scope of this manual). To use the calculator, click on the Required Fuel button, and fill in the fields (Engine Displacement, Number of cylinders, Injector flow, and Air:Fuel ratio, then click 'Okay').

For a 4-stroke, a complete stroke cycle is 720 degrees of crankshaft rotation (i.e. two revolutions); for a 2-stroke, it is 360 degrees (this is also factored in the REQ_FUEL value down loaded to MegaSquirt).

In the tuning software, the upper REQ_FUEL box is the amount per cylinder, as noted above. The lower REQ_FUEL box is the value down loaded to MegaSquirt. It is the REQ_FUEL number on top, but scaled by your selected injection mode (number of squirts and alternate/simultaneous).

For example, if you inject simultaneous and one injection, and have the same number of injectors as cylinders [i.e. port injection], then REQ_FUEL on the bottom is the same as REQ_FUEL on top. Same with alternate and two squirts. If you put in simultaneous and two squirts, then REQ_FUEL is divided in half - because you squirt twice, you need to inject 1/2 the fuel on each shot.

Note: if you choose alternating for port injection, make sure your number of squirts is an even number (2,4,...) and evenly divisible into the number of cylinders. For example, with an eight cylinder engine, you could use alternating and 2, 4, or 8 squirts/cycle. With a six cylinder, if you choose alternating, you MUST use 2 or 6 squirts/cycle. Also, the only possible combinations for an odd-cylinder count engine are either 1 squirt/simultaneous or N squirt/simultaneous combination, where N is the number of cylinders."

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/configure.htm
1996 Turbo Otter
#14 in honor of Eric

wolflovervr6

Postby wolflovervr6 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:49 pm

One thing I have noticed is that my AFR's are all over the place and my RPM reading is bouncing around 5-17k RPM. I checked over all the wiring and I can not see where I might have gone wrong. I have gone over the diagrams for both the MS2 and the SL2 multiple times. Starting to hurt my head....

Edit: in response to bringing the car to you, that wont be possible. We currently don't have a way to bring it there. The car is currently sitting in Joe's yard on ramps. Just spent 2 hours going over the wiring again trying to figure out where I could have gone wrong. My phones internet browser is starting to lag from all the extra wiring diagram windows (F you note 3! 3gb of ram my ass!). Having someone here to look over the cars wiring would help a lot. I know I messed up somewhere, sadly, I am unsure of where I F'ed up...

2nd edit because I am dumb: As for what the website says, I can not find that part of the software. Maybe my software is newer then the info supplied on that website?
Levi # 228

wolflovervr6

Postby wolflovervr6 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Secondly note: the car will start and idle by it self as of right now. The afr is everywhere and the rpm is the same way (as far ad TS is concerned.). Car will idle at 2k rpm but if I hit the gas at all it drops in rpm and wants to stall. 2k only so far and its riiiiich.
Levi # 228

Return to “Project and Technical Forum”